The Higley Flow State Park provides trail access in all four seasons. In the spring/summer/fall the trails are all forest floor/dirt, grass with some woodchips in certain areas. The hiking trails double as cross-country skiing and snowshoeing in the winter. In the winter season, the campground roads are all groomed for classic skiing primarily but some portions when possible include a skate lane as well.
The "woods trail" is not groomed, but accessible as backcountry skiing or snowshoeing.
Skis and snowshoes can be rented at the administrative building on the right as you enter the campground. Call ahead to confirm hours and availability. For daily status updates, visit the Friends of Higley Flow Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1130093983825530/.
- WINTER SPECIFIC:
- There is no Entry Fee to use the trails
- The trails are groomed daily. All of the campground roads are groomed daily. Note, I'm working with Ethan (CC'd) to determine which of the trails are groomed and which are not. Once we figure this out, are you able to add to the track name to include this info? For example, EZ Trail - Orange - Groomed.
- Most trails have a "track" for cross-country skiing and then room for "Skating"
- Snowshoers are encouraged to stay off the "track" for cross country skiing and use the other side of the trail.
- All of the campground roads are groomed daily.
- Open to Dawn from Dusk - 7 days a week
- Cross-Country Ski Rentals for Adults and Kids are $7 per day, available from 8 AM - 2 PM.
- Night skiing is available when it is staffed (oftentimes Tuesdays and Thursdays). Please check the Facebook group "Friends of Higley Flow State Park" - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1130093983825530/
- Dogs must be kept on leash.
- SUMMER SPECIFIC
- There is an Entry Fee to get into the park:
- Victoria Day Weekend (3rd Monday in May) through Labor Day Weekend (1st Monday in September): $6 Day Fee until 4 pm. After 4 pm it's $4
- Beach opens the end of June. The day fee is $7 until 4 pm. After 4 pm it's $5.
- Summer season is 7 AM - 10 PM
- Once the beach is open it's $7 a day until 4 pm and $5 after 4 pm. The summer season is 7 AM - 10 PM.
- Dogs must be kept on a leash.
No bikes are allowed on the trails. For a printable map, visit https://parks.ny.gov/parks/attachments/HigleyFlowTrailMap.pdf.
Higley Flow State Park Office. Call (315) 262-2880.